Tuesday 1 January 2013

I'm Back, I'm Packed and I'm off!!!!!

Testing ... testing ... one, two, three ... yes, yes it's me again! I know it's been a while, in fact it has been almost a year since I returned from my 'Indian Adventure' and tomorrow morning at 6am I am off to Asia again! Only this time round I am going to take you through my trials and tribulations in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia!!

2012 has been a great year for me. Full of fun and loads of laughter. And I have to say, I am finally ... 'in love'!! Yes you saw it here first, I am IN LOVE!!! And the recipient of these feelings of mine ... as cheesy as it may sound ... is my LIFE!!!

India was a major turning point for me. She seems to have given me some of the tools I have needed, to help shift a lot of the 'baggage' I was carrying - and I don't mean my backpack!!

I won't bore you with all the details of last year, but I will say that I saw in 2013 dressed up as a 'Christmas Mutant Ninja Waxer' with fellow Beauty Therapist and house mate Sandie.



I should point out that it was for a fancy dress party, this is not regular attire for us Highgate dwellers!!

With Winter's arrival and my desperate need for some sunshine and the need to see more of the world, I decided it was time to plan my next trip.

Believe it or not, I loved travelling round India and even knowing there is plenty more of it to see, with Claudine being unable to join me this time around. (don't worry we are still talking to each other!!), I knew Mother India would not be the same without her - and neither would my blog!?

And so  I felt it necessary to go slightly further afield, across the Andaman Sea and venture around the Indochina Loop.


Another friend of mine for many years, Karen (a fellow Red head), stepped in to the breach, assuring me that unlike the lovely Claudine, she is neither OCD nor neurotic.

Relieved with this news, we sat down and booked our five and a half week trip with Intrepid Travel. And then, for some reason known only to herself, Karen went and watched a series of programmes on Extreme Border Control Issues!!!

She is now worried that I may be deported for taking a packet of Lemsip Day and Night Capsules and a bar of chocolate over the Thai Border!

Suffice it to say, my next blog may be written from a prison cell In Bangkok! However, I would like to point out that if that is the case, I will not be taking a leaf out of Bridget Jones' diary and teaching my fellow inmates to re-inforce their bras and sing Madonna songs! No way!!!! I am more of an ABBA fan myself!

Well it is already midnight and my alarm is going off in 5 hours time!! So I will bid you all "Goodnight" and hope to see you all in Bangkok.

I hope you will all find this blog as entertaining as you found last years. And feel free to read Karen's perspective on our trip on her blog: redheadedroamer.blogspot.co.uk

So hold on tight, because we could be in for a bumpy ride .... Thailand here we come!






1 comment: