Sunday 27 November 2011

I have jiggled my widget!

Ok now I have your attention, I just wanted to let you know that in response to those of you complaining that your comments are not coming up, I have tried to mess around with my settings in the hope that will make a difference. So feel free to give it a go now?!

Apart from that, there's nothing much to say about today, except that it has been raining on and off and our room is so damp that when I woke up this morning, my hair was so frizzy I actually looked like Ronald McDonald!!!

Suffice it to say, we have found somewhere else to stay for the next few days, whilst we plan our time in Kerala. So more to follow on that front.

It has to be said that it is a pleasure to be somewhere where there isn't the constant sound of car horns being blasted or too much cow pat on the street!! (saw my first Keralan cow today!!). It is also great not to be freezing cold as I was in Darjeeling, but it is so hot and humid here, that I feel the need to take a shower even when I am just crossing the road from our hotel to buy a bottle of water!!

Oh and talking about showers ... last night Claudine discovered a cockroach in ours!! I was surprised and extremely impressed with her calmness when she came across it and therefore I felt I had to try to act just as calm and collected as she was. I smiled and nodded at her while we agreed to keep the bathroom door firmly shut for the night and then I calmly walked over to my bed, climbed under my sheet and wretched as quietly as possible!!

I have been promising photos throughout various stages of this blog, but at the moment it seems to be taking forever to upload the pictures. So if anyone has any ideas to help, please free ...

Tomorrow we are moving to our third Homestay in this town!!! Then we are off to 'Jew Town' (no that is not being anti-semetic it is what the area is called!) to see the Old Synagogue there and tomorrow eve we hope to  meet up with some people when we go to see some classic Keralan dancing. So until then, I am off to find some extra strong hair gel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment